Assignment 3.1 Mapping time (1920x1080px)
- Go to Wikipedia and find a quantifiable data
- Create a time diagram based on the information
- Be precise about numbers, and proportional representation of the quantity
- In a clear graphics, explain what triggered a major change in numbers
- The important question is, by mapping this instance, what are you trying to reveal?
Site Diagram Revisions + Lists of detailed concerns
Assignment 3.3 (Trace World Cup Prediction Diagram)
TRACING THE WORLD CUP PREDICTION
(FROM INFORMATION GRAPHICS, P.310)
- Quantifying objects precisely
- Scale with scale factor
- Using Align tools and Rotation tools, create precise guides for quantities and measurements. Lock the guides, and use them to organize information.
- Turn off Snap to Pixel
- Toggle Preview Mode on/off to be more precise
- Click here or the image below to go to our Google Drive to download the image below and the instructions.
- Click here for the YouTube tutorial and follow along.
Brand Video: Premiere Pro Tutorial
- Import visual and audio assets
- Create a sequence
- Use the music to guide the pacing
- Adjust sound
- Trim and arrange video clips
- Add and edit text
- Apply transition effects
Previous student Brand Video examples:
Charette: God of Love
- In class, sketch diagram following:
- All characters
Pinup: God of Love
Illustrator Pen Tool Tutorial
- Pen, Convert Anchor Point, Direct Selection tools
- Custom pattern swatches
You are prohibited from using the Image Trace feature.
- Finalize God of Love diagram using Illustrator.
- 1920x1080p size format.
- Post it on Miro
- Illustrator self portrait (Shepard Fairey)
- Post it on Miro
- Read pages 17-43 of Design Is Storytelling
- Prepare to discuss during the next class
- Brand Video (first draft) using Premiere Pro
- Duration: 30 seconds.
- Use at least four different pieces of video
- Optional: include still imagery
- Use at least four deliberate edit cuts between visuals
- Include music
- Include text
- Optional: include your own narration
- Create a YouTube account and post it there. Put the link on Miro.