Assignment 5.0 3D tile design
- Based on your 2.5D tiles, design three 3D tiles
- Render each tile
- post 3+ images of each and post on Miro
Assignment 5.1 CNC tile (Due Week 5)
- Pick one tile design from three designs
- prepare and export the model as step format
- Create foam (20 pounds) milling model.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to Miro.
New typology of biomorphic design
Type of 3D Printer
- Z Corp Powder Printer
- The school has it
- Inexpensive to run
- Machine is very expensive
- Detail = rough (1/8″ minimum thickness)
- New generation of powder printer / Formlabs Fuse 1
Resin SLS Printer
- Relatively expensive to print
- Material = expensive
- Upside down support
- Finish = extremely detailed
- Formlabs Form 2
- Individual crit during vase tutorial
- Follow the tutorial and produce one original design
- Video is 33 minutes, we will resume the class in one hour.
Charette: Vase Sketch
- Sketch 5 different versions of Vase and post it on Miro
- We will have a quick pinup session for it
3D Printing Services
Art Center 3D lab
Treatstock (gig worker site)
Chinese Services (High quality and inexpensive)
Hayao Miyazaki Interview
A Divider between Parallel Worlds
Construct 2 worlds that are similar or different from each other. The world can have a contrasting ideology or a slightly different culture. Be clear about the theme of the worlds by constructing the worlds using drawing, renderings, artifacts, models, photos, and etc. With the skills you have acquired from this class, construct a divider between the two worlds. Consider how the divider will look from both sides. Is it something to protect you from getting into the world or is it easy to go through between them.
- Design a flower vase
- Create 3D printed model.
- Model scale to be within 2x2x5″
- Keep the model under $20.
- Bring the model to next class.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to your page.
- Parallel world project sketches
- Set up an idea for two worlds
- What kind of divider is separating the two worlds.