Assignment 8.1 Pinup
Create an Operative Diagram Series for your ENV3 facade design.
Format it as a sequence of individual diagrams on one or more 1920×1080 layouts. Each individual diagram should focus on a particular operation and illustrate very simply the decision made in that step.
01 Diorama Drawing
The diorama is another isometric/axonometric visualization.
It is like an intimate, focused look into the project with foreground elements and roof/ceiling removed. The remaining walls are both like a backdrop on a stage and the subjects of the diagram.
The floor and walls are sliced as if the diorama would fit into a box. Their changing thicknesses and profiles are depicted as poche areas.
Whereas renderings can depict mood, atmosphere, and lighting, the diorama is more clinical and depicts layout.
- Clean up the file
- Set viewport to Parallel Projection
- Save the view using NamedView
- Setup a composition:
- Hide foreground objects
- Place furnishings and fixtures
- Isolate different materials and parts on layers
- If necessary, turn off window glass or open them to be able to see through them
- Place people
- Use the Intersect command to get intersecting lines. Tip: use it to show where hidden walls touch the floor and create the boundaries of the space.
- Create contour lines if needed
- MeshOutline command
- Make2D your named view – use the Scene Silhouette option
- Hide the Make2D layer and repeat as necessary for different views
- Use the “vertical” lines of the Make2D drawing to scale them identically
- Select and File -> Export Selected the Make2D geometry
- Open the Make2D export file
- Scale to page
- Add shading (using Shapebuilder Tool and/or Pathfinder palette)
- Add colors (save your color swatches)
- Add explanations
02 Lab Time / Desk Crits
Create three interior axonometric dioramas.
- Guest Room portion
- A small part of your public space such as the reception, bar, pool cabana, etc.
- A location of your choice.
These should all investigate the opportunities that occur at a corner condition. Try to keep them all with the same vertical viewing angle and same scale.
Make enough progress to be able to share and discuss with Stella Week 10
Pinup a single 1920×1080 PNG or JPG on Bluescape Week 10.