Post midterm scheduling
Please build your schedule up to W12 until the design final.
- W08 career talk
- W09 group pinup
- W10 design iteration
- W11 design iteration
- W12 design final (Gate 3 Review)
- W13 design story revisit / production 50%
- W14 final review
Complete your schedule for Wednesday’s class. We will discuss the plan.
How to get a job?
- Internship – OPT – Employment – Visa support
1 Sending work sample 20mb / 20 paces pdf with resume and cover letter (email)
2 where to send?
- Individual Offices
3 who is looking?
- Whoever has an opening position. It’s not only about your ability, but it’s also timing and availability. Send as many places as possible. Customize the email letter. Do not screw up names. Do not send it as cc.
4 interview –
- bring your full portfolio, paper, iPad, or laptop. Research the firm and sell your strength to the company.12
Post Midterm Discussion
- Where is your project?
- What do you agree with the comments?
- What do you disagree with the comments?
- What’s your direction after the midterm?
Post midterm direction
Between now and week 11, we will be focusing on the iterative design process. I’d like you to produce a huge volume of work in this 3 week period. The output format is up to you. If you are comfortable with the digital model as a development, that would be fine or you can choose physical models. Also, you may focus on one area each week to develop or work in all area every week for reviews.
For Week 9a: Direction of the project
Watch your Midterm Critique video, and write a reflection piece.
- How do you think this project is going to change based on the midterm critique?
- What needs to be addressed in the final review in terms of issues and design.
For Week 9a Design Iteration 1
For this early week, find one part of the project and do a very detailed design. Post the pictures on Miro.
For Week 9b Design Iteration 2
Design iteration #2 of your entire project. This needs to be 90% of everything