AMG 2015SM W02
Assignment 1.1 – 2D Concept Animation Storyboard
Complete 30-frame storyboard for your animation.
Printed / drawn on 11×17″ sheet.
Assignment 1.1 – 2D Concept Animation First Draft
Pick 1 project, from previous term, and create a 10-15 of 30 second animation for your concept.
Pixar’s Storyboarding Process
- Solid Layer
- Shape Layer
- Adjustment Layer
- Prepare a illustrator file – draw a word with pen tool
- In AE, create a new composition
- Create a new adjustment layer
- Copy and paste paths from illustrator
- Effect – Generate Stroke
- Click “all masks” in effect window
- Change stroke weight
- Animate by changing “end” parameter
Different text effects
Morphing Paths and Masks
How to change the shape using the slid layer and masks.
Concept Motion Graphics
Creating Base File in Illustrator
- 1920×1080 pixel
- Create objects
- Release to layers
Do a tutorial on Mt. Mograph
Short animation based on movie quote – Create a 20-second motion graphic based on a line from a movie.
Concept animation progress