- Model a 10×10″ grid honeycomb form.
- Render 2+views and upload images to your page.
- Create museum board folding model
- Bring the model to next class.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to your page.
- Open one of your field image files in Photoshop
- Image – Image Size – Change Resolution to 300 / Change Width to 1200
- Image – Mode – Grayscale
- Image – Level – Change your image until darkest area is about 50% gray
- Image – Brightness and Contrast – Brighten image
- Filter – Blur – Gaussian Blur – 3pt
- Filter – Pixelate – Color Halftone – Max Radius 25 – Everything else 0
- If the circles are overlapping, go back to step 4 and 5, and make the image lighter
- Select – Color Range – Click on Black area – Ok
- Window – Path – Path Option – Make work path – Tolerance 2.0
- File – Export – Paths to Illustrator
Halftone in Practice Rhino
- Import the illustrator file
- Rebuild – 4 segments – 3 degree curve
- Scale to fit in 10×10″ bounding box
- Laser cut or score
Facet Tile Making
- Create 10x4x10 bounding box
- Create 2d square and explode
- “EdgeSrf” to create 2 triangles
- Copy the triangles 10 times in X and Y direction
- Turn on Control points to make depth to the facets (Facets cannot be flat)
- Create seating and shelving conditions
- Join all faces and export as .obj
Assignment 4.0 Halftone Plate
Using Lasercutter, create 10×10″ panel using plexiglass. The pattern should be based on your filed condition
Assignment 4.1 Facet Panel
Using Canford Paper, create 10x10x2″ facet tile using Pepakura Designer. Find a relationship between Halftone Plate and Facet Panel . Use Scale figure.