Assignment 2.0 Crown
- Find inspiration for your own crown
- Sketch 10+ based on your inspiration, scan the sketch and upload to website
- 3D model your own crown, and upload 3+ images to the website
Assignment 2.1 Everyday Objects
- Model 3 everyday objects based on knowledge you learned in the class today.
- Upload images to the website
- Star Wood Hotel / Frank Gehry
Review of Week02 Assignment
- Type “Options”
- Locate Aliases
- Click “New” and create following shortcuts
- M / ‘_Move
- C / ‘_Copy
- E / ‘_ExtrudeCrv
- ET/ ‘_Extend
- F / Fillet
- J / ‘_Join
- L / ‘_Loft
- P / ‘_PlanarSrf
- R / ‘_Rotate
- SS / ‘_Scale1D
- T / ‘_Trim
Please note: You need to load shortcuts when you use a different computer. Export the shortcut file, carry it in your flash drive, and load it whenever you are using a new machine.
- Open W03_BooleanExercise.3dm
Loft Loft Loft!
- Open “W03_LoftExercise”
- 01 Loft 01
- 02 Vertical Loft
- 03 Loft With Solid
- 04 Sweep
Frank Gehry Lecture
- 10 Gehry Srf
- 11 Gehry Structure
- 12 Gehry Block
- Visit Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown LA
- Take Photos and upload to the site
- Create 5 volumes using 3D box tool.
- Arrange them in a dynamic way.
- Use Boolean command to create interior space
- Wrap the blocks with at least 20 Gehry style skin.